Gutter & Downspout Installation in Geneva
Well-Maintained Gutters Help Protect Your Home from Water Damage
Gutters and downspouts direct roof runoff away from your foundation walls. This is important for the health and well-being of your home. Having proper gutters and downspouts installed is your first line of defense against basement and crawl space flooding.
Marshall Exteriors, LLC properly installs gutters and downspouts, which can preserve your topsoil and protect your exterior siding and trim from water that can ultimately damage the paint causing wood rot.
Our professionals want to keep the exterior of your home safe, so the inside doesn't suffer. We can install quality gutters that will provide effective roof drainage year round!
Don't wait to replace your gutters, get a free estimate today by contacting us at (315) 322-9686!
Are Your Gutters in Good Condition?
Most homes have gutters and downspouts that sustain damage because of various problems. Gutters can frequently clog with leaves, twigs and other debris that will overflow, spilling water everywhere. They can also be pitched improperly or be undersized for the roof areas they drain. In some situations, downspout extensions may be necessary to direct runoff farther away from the house.
It is also important that your gutters look aesthetically pleasing. Old gutters and downspouts that are dented or damaged detract from a home’s appearance and should be replaced.
Things to Consider When Choosing Gutters & Downspouts
Gutters and downspouts can be difficult and costly to repair, which is why many homeowners neglect to do so. However, at Marshall Exteriors, LLC, gutter and downspout choices are varied and homeowners are urged to consider the following factors:
- Custom made - An advantage of aluminum gutters is that they can be made to an exact size to fit your house. The gutter-making machine is right on the truck, ready to transform aluminum sheet material into a finished gutter profile.
- Materials - Historically, gutters have been made from many different materials, including wood, steel, copper and seamless aluminum gutters. Aluminum gutters are most popular today because of their affordability, durability and color variety. However, some historic homes may deserve steel, copper gutters or even wood gutters to maintain their authentic appearance.
- Color - If you want gutters in a color that matches your house, aluminum is your best choice. Most gutter specialists have access to aluminum gutter stock that can be ordered with factory-applied finishes of different hues.
- Style - Different gutter “profiles” are available. Aluminum gutters are often formed in a “K” profile that includes a flat back section and a curved front. Half-round gutters can sometimes be found on older houses.
- Size - K-style gutters come in 5-in. and 6-in. sizes. The larger size is usually specified when the roof area being drained is especially large and/or steep. An experienced gutter installer will be able to determine which size is best for your house.
- Gutter guards - This popular gutter add-on prevents gutters from clogging and overflowing – a smart addition to any gutter installation.
- Additional drainage options - Downspout extensions are sometimes necessary to carry roof runoff away from the house. Many of these simply extend out over the yard or garden, while others consist of buried pipe that drains to a dry well or daylight outlet.
It’s always best to have your gutters installed by a gutter specialist or a roofing contractor who also installs gutters, because they are able to focus on the specific requirements for installation. Marshall Exteriors, LLC, is the certified gutter and roofing contractor you need. Our specialty contractors install gutters every day, allowing them to draw on extensive knowledge and installation experience.
Do I Need Gutters Around My Entire House?
This is a question we get asked a lot. Unless your roof slopes in every direction, it is not necessary to have gutters going completely around your house. Wherever your roof is sloping is where gutters should be installed. However, if your home is surrounded by concrete to protect the foundation, you may not need gutters.
Our dream became a reality, thanks again!- Sarah C.
I would highly recommend this company for any work you need!- Valerie R.
What a wonderful experience, Marshall Exteriors lives up to their wonderful reputation.- Sharron P.
I would definitely chose Marshall for future projects!- Joshua A.
I would highly recommend Marshall Exteriors for any home improvement needs.- Deb T.