For the Love of Food
Prepping for Valentine’s Day? I’ve rounded up the coziest, most romantic restaurants in the area for you. They’re the perfect date night spot whether you’re celebrating with your best friend, family or lover. And if you decide to stay in, check out my favorite recipe for a romantic meal at home.
- PORTS Café – Devine dining with amazing food and exceptional service. Enjoy a farm to table meal from the Finger Lakes. I recommend choosing from their “specials menu” it truly is special and has yet to disappoint. If you decide to go with the “signature menu” some of my favorites are the “baked brie” and “Delmonico ribeye steak”. It is highly recommended to make a reservation. https://portscafe.com
- Russell’s Steakhouse- Looking for a mini romantic getaway? If you answered yes then you’ve got to check out Salvatore’s Grand Hotel in Buffalo. It’s like taking a trip to Italy without a passport. Stay the night in the grand hotel and be escorted to Russell’s Steakhouse for an amazing dining experience. The food is top notch, especially the steak! http://salvatoresgrand.com/russells-steakhouse/
- Char Steak & Lounge – Nestled in the art district of Rochester, NY, located in the Strathallan, this swanky restaurant and lounge offer an upscale menu from wood-fired grilled steaks, homemade pasta, fresh fish and masterfully in-house-crafted desserts. http://www.charsteakandlounge.com/
- Portico – Gamble on love, not your food. Portico by Fabio Viviani is in del Lago Resort & Casino. The cuisine is exquisite and matched with the warm, elegant ambiance. The menu is old-world Italian cooking mingled with steakhouse-style chops and seafood. The Kobe Meatball and Charred Octopus are must haves’ appetizers when we visit the restaurant. https://dellagoresort.com/dining/porticobyfabioviviani/
- Edgar’s Steakhouse – A Fairy Tale in February. It doesn’t get more romantic than a Castle on a Lake. Bellhurst Castle on Seneca Lake offers historic lodging, delicious dining, a luxurious spa and salon, and a renowned winery, all on one property. https://www.belhurst.com/
- Warfield’s Restaurant -Located in Historic downtown Clifton Springs. One of the towns most impressive landmarks is the Warfield block, which houses the classy Warfield’s Restaurant, lounge, and bakery. The restaurant features a seasonal menu of elegant country fare with oriental and European influences. https://www.warfields.com/
- Black and Blue Steak and Crab – “What’s in a name”? Shakespeare said it best but Black and Blue execute it well. Steak and seafood suggest a special occasion. What’s more special than the celebration of love. The staff’s knowledge and service are of the highest quality and the food doesn’t fall short of excellent. The sights, sounds, and smells will consume your senses. Black in Blue service both lunch and dinner. One of the best sandwiches I’ve ever had was from their lunch menu, you’ve got to try the “steak sandwich”. https://blackandbluesteakandcrab.com/
- CRAFT120 – A tapas style restaurant with a beautiful, warm, vintage-industrial atmosphere. The menu is specially crafted to please all palates. Dishes from steak, chicken, fish, pasta, Mexican cuisine, and upscale burgers.
- Water Side Wine Bar – Overlooking the Flint Creek Waterfall this cozy bar and lounge offers more than craft beer and local wines. The Chef provides an upscale, gourmet menu. Some of the best mac-n-cheese, fall off the bone wings, salads, burgers, and steaks can be found in this tucked away restaurant. https://watersidewinebar.webs.com/
- Simply Crepes -Amour, the French say it best. Located in both Pittsford and Canandaigua are quant French country bistro’s filled with the aroma of crepes. A savory and sweet menu that changes with the season reflecting the local farmer’s crops. All items on the menu are served throughout the day, so if you are breakfast for dinner type Simply Crepes will not disappointment. In the mood for breakfast? Oatmeal Crème Brulee is heaven in a cup. In the mood for a salad? The Simply Salad won’t disappoint either. My dinner recommendation is the Manicotti! http://simplycrepes.com/
Celebrating Your Love at Home Meals:
Heart Shaped Pizza – Purchase dough from your grocery store and follow the directions for prepping the dough. Form the dough into a heart shape and top with your favorite toppings. Bake according to package directions.
Red Velvet Cake/Cupcakes – Easy! Buy the box and follow the directions.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries – Repurchase or make them together for a little extra quality time.